[Vision2020] WalMart abandons Moscow SuperCenter

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Thu Jun 15 17:05:16 PDT 2006

This just in:

According to reporters from the Tribune and Daily News,  WalMart has
abandoned all plans to locate a SuperCenter in Moscow according to a
WalMart spokeswoman who also notified the City of their withdrawal.

My heartfelt thanks to all who participated, supported or cheered
quietly from the sidelines in our now successful effort to keep
Moscow the vibrant and diverse community it is.

Now it's time to party: Celebrate "Yes Moscow!", tomorrow, Friday
6/16, 7-10pm, 1912 Center next to beautiful downtown Moscow!

Mark Solomon