[Vision2020] Age of Consent

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 01:16:16 PDT 2006

Doug,

Curiously within the topic of the Sitler case, you've asked Ralph what he thought age of consent should be and now you're asking Joan what it should be which indicates to me that you don't agree with the present age of consent laws.  True or untrue?  And if true, what do you think age of consent should be?

-Scott

===============================
Doug Wilson blogged 6/14/2006 3:14:25 PM

"I have an article suggestion for Joan, one that should go over well at
New West some time in the future. Why don't you write something on
when you think the age of sexual consent should be, and why?"

===============================
dougwils at christkirk.com  wrote:
Thu Jun 8 11:55:51 PDT 2006

Ralph,

According to your worldview, aren't pedophiles simply being what they
are also? What do you believe the age of consent should be, Ralph?

===============================
taro_tanaka at hotmail.com wrote:
Thu Jun 8 14:43:49 PDT 2006

As for child molestation, the law is clear: the young person must wait until
midnight on the day that he reaches the age where he can legally give
consent. Have sexual contact one second before midnight, and the adult party
is an incorrigible pervert who must be imprisoned for life. Wait until the
stroke of midnight, and suddenly the relationship becomes sacred and
beautiful:

===============================
Gray (a regular poster to Dales site) blogged Friday, 12 May, 2006 9:42 AM by
http://right-mind.us/blogs/blog_0/archive/2006/05/12/43536.aspx#43660

 #  re: Supporting Pedophilia?
Scott et al,

First a qualifier: I DO NOT support child abuse, polygamy, or any other of Mr. Jeffs' activities.

You said: "arranging marriages for underage girls"

What is underage? Is it a legislated standard that satisfies one's concerns
about child abuse? Suppose that an age of, let's say, 8 or 9 years old was legislated as "legal" for marriage (ATTENTION: the foregoing is a THEORETICAL
argument)...would that calm troubled brows?

If so:

Then what is the difference between a legislated statute authorizing homosexual
marriage, and a legislated statute authorizing 9 year old polygamous marriages?

If not:

Why?