[Vision2020] Groupthink Moscow.....

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 11:17:04 PDT 2006

On 6/14/06, ToeKneeTime at aol.com <ToeKneeTime at aol.com> wrote:

> You claim that conservatives on this list have not demonstrated an ability
> to argue cogently.

That's not what I claimed, Tony.  There are many conservatives on this
list who are able to argue cogently.  I feel enormous gratitude for
their contributions.

> I'd put my skills as a persuasive writer up against yours any
> day.

Hallelujah!  Can we pretend that this is "any day?" You do know how to
string sentences together, now take the next step.  Please!

> Unfortunately, as Thomas Sowell pointed out in "Vision of the Anointed",
> there will always be a percentage of the population who feel they are
> superior to the rest of us; who feel they are more sophisticated and refined
> than the rest of us; who feel they are justified in determining how we are
> to live our lives and who feel comfortable ridiculing the "benighted"
> majority.  There will always be tyrannical elitists who don't understand
> freedom.

Sowell is interesting.  I encountered him first in his Townhall
column, and I've since enjoyed "Black Rednecks And White Liberals,"
which I consider very insightful.  I lived in Britain for many years,
and I am familiar with the 'Cracker culture' of which he writes.
Usually I disagree with him, but his writing is always cogent and
articulate.

Chas