[Vision2020] Groupthink Moscow.....

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 06:46:24 PDT 2006

Chas,

You claim that conservatives on this list have not demonstrated an ability
to argue cogently.  You, presumably, are superior to us.  How dare we  presume
to play in your sandbox?  Don't we realize that liberalism is the  only
legitimate worldview?

What complete and total hogwash.  You only demonstrate your elitism  and
arrogance with ridiculous positions such as that.  To cloak your  hostility to
differing views behind a facade of intellectual superiority is  manifestly
obnoxious.  I'd put my skills as a persuasive writer up against  yours any day.  And
you'd lose Chas.  Why?  Because folks who  find themselves in disagreement
with you (the majority) resent being  characterized as morons, bozos, mindless
followers, frothers, foamers and the  like.

Unfortunately, as Thomas Sowell pointed out in "Vision of the Anointed",
there will always be a percentage of the population who feel they are superior
to the rest of us; who feel they are more sophisticated and refined than  the
rest of us; who feel they are justified in determining how we are to  live our
lives and who feel comfortable ridiculing the "benighted"  majority.  There
will always be tyrannical elitists who don't understand  freedom.

And unfortunately, Chas, it appears you will always be one of their  number.

But that doesn't prevent me from wishing you well with your new forum,
GROUPTHINK MOSCOW.

Catchy name, that.

Best,  --Tony