[Vision2020] sports.

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Tue Jun 13 00:13:36 PDT 2006

Police mistake rugby match for brawl
From: Reuters

June 12, 2006

RUSSIANS playing a game of amateur rugby have been arrested by police
who mistook the match for a mass brawl.

"We got a call to our control room saying there was a fight involving a
lot of people on some waste ground just outside town," RIA news agency
quoted a police official in the southern city of Rostov-on-Don as
saying. The players and supporters ? nearly 100 people in total ? were
taken to the local police station. They were released without charge
when officers realized they had been playing rugby, the news agency
reported.

If only St. Andy's could muster the troopers to the arrest em.

We at least will be serving good burritos.....

Doug!

PS: Just watched Glory Road about UTEP. It was great growing up in Las
Cruces in the 60?s Haskins and Henson two of the greatest.