[Vision2020] Groupthink Moscow.....

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 22:56:00 PDT 2006

On 6/12/06, ToeKneeTime at aol.com <ToeKneeTime at aol.com> wrote:

> You are one amazing woman!  You propose to offer a "safer" place than this
> list for posters uncomfortable with opposing views.

I used to live in an apartment complex in Los Angeles with literally
hundreds and hundreds of individual units.  All of the tenants in the
particular enclave of buildings in which I lived got along fairly
peaceably.  We were all good neighbors.  Then a few new families moved
in, only they weren't good neighbors.  They contributed nothing, but
they played their music too loudly, they littered, and their kids peed
in the pool.  Acts of vandalism increased.  Some of the original
tenants remained, but many moved.  Of those who moved, they still
visited their friends who had stayed, and some of those who had left
ultimately came back because they missed their good friends, and
learned to suffer the interlopers.

Joan and I are providing a sanctuary so that the good tenants don't
have to move, where they can gather with their friends and breathe
clean air.  They don't have to step over refuse or worry about getting
mugged.  They can swim and know that it is chlorine which is stinging
their eyes, not piss.