[Vision2020] Fwd: Sex offender legislation

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Mon Jun 12 22:18:07 PDT 2006

Why bow out, Sunil?  Your comments on using experience and perspective  in
the sentencing of sexual offenders was right on the money.  Clearly we  have to
temper our outrage against the worst offenders to the point that we are  not
blinded into applying blanket sentencing guidelines.  Unfortunately  some
judges tend to abuse their discretion.  This fact however does not  argue in favor
of eliminating such discretionary latitude entirely.

Don't bail on the discussion, Sunil.  Your inside experience in these
matters is valuable.

Best,  --Tony