[Vision2020] Hostility to soccer

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 11 16:15:59 PDT 2006

Deacon,

You see the nuances and strategy in baseball, but you don't see them in
soccer.  Your inability to see them doesn't cancel them out, just makes you
unaware of them.  I'd bet there's as much going on in soccer as in baseball;
you don't know the first sport, so you don't see it.  I'm sure I miss at
least half of what's going on in baseball, never having played the game.  I
understand enough to think I know what's going on.

I like baseball well enough, but not like the sports I mentioned.  But I
don't need to diminish it in order to appreciate the sports I care about
more, which was my original point.

Sunil