[Vision2020] Please Stop

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sat Jun 10 04:53:12 PDT 2006

Silence is no solution, Tony. Such silence is one of the things that sexual abusers count on.

Every evil act has a victim. If this argument were sound, it would suggest that no one should ever talk about evil for the sake of those victims.

"Don't criticize Aaron Ament since it only reminds the Kirk of those nasty things that he's said about them!" The argument doesn't sound so good when we spin it this way does it? Pretty easy to see through it, isn't it?

--
Joe Campbell

---- Tony Rogers <trustyshopper at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
I know I don't have a degree and worked sweep floors and scrubbing toilets
for years and many of you are far more educated. However, I'm going to try
to make a point that I hope you people will listen to. Suppose you are a
mother of a beautiful little girl, it is discovered that some one has sexual
abused her. You have a flood of emotions of intense anger, a feeling of
guilt for believing your daughter was safe, sorrow, fear of people finding
out what happened to your daughter because your daughter will feel like
everyone is looking at her, wondering how this will ultimately impact her
the rest of her life.  Now consider you are the little girl. You are hurt,
scared, wish you could just go to sleep and wake up and discover this horrid
thing never happened, but when you wake up you know it still did, you wonder
if the other children will treat you different and you wish you could simply
make it go away but you can't. After serveral years go by and you've healed
a bit, and thank you are safe from people knowing it was you, people raise
the issue again, and again, after pleas it continues on. You feel like you
did the first few weeks after this horrid thing happened. Your mother is in
tears, because people will not stop. But the people don't seem to care about
you enough to leave it alone as a public issue. They don't realize how hurt
you are that this issue is being talked about. Your name was not made public
the first time, but being it is talked about again, will someone slip? do
they care?

I hope I am making sense. For you married men out there making comments, I'd
like to suggest you sit down and ask your wife these questions.

1. If it was our daughter would we want her name to be known?
2. How would we feel if the public did find out, how would we help our
little girl?
3. Would we want the extent of the molestation known?
4. Would we want people talking about the issue on a discussion group
risking our daughters name being known?

For you calling yourselves christian, ask yourselves, would Jesus be more
concerned about proving himself right, picking, digging, or loving a little
girl by dropping the issue? All this bantering, all this arguing, only get's
people talking and risks this youg person's name becoming known.

I frankly believe Jesus is disgusted.

For you non religious people out there. You have common sense. Let's love
this young person enough to stop. Let's love the family enough to stop.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com