[Vision2020] Mark Prior

deaconjames at verizon.net deaconjames at verizon.net
Sat Jun 10 00:23:56 PDT 2006

Scott,

Wrigley Field is one place I definitely want to go. There's such a rich history and a mysterious air about it. Babe Ruth's (alleged) called shot was there. Pete Rose tied Ty Cobb's 4,191 hits there. Sammy Sosa hit 60+ homeruns three times while a Cub.

And yet, that rich history doesn't involve much winning by the hometown nine.

I agree with you that Mark Prior's return isn't going lead the Loveable Losers to the playoffs, let alone to World Series rings, but I do think that he (and Derrek Lee, whenever he returns) may have the ability to spark Chicago back into the win column. After all, they are 12-22 on the road; they need all the help they can get. However, Kerry Wood's return to the Kerry Wood/Mark Prior Memorial Disabled List may put a damper on that.

Scott, do you really think that the Cubs fans are the "absolute greatest in the world"? To me, when you say that the Cubs' fan base ignores beligerent backers of the opposing team, that tells me that they are too complacent. A true fan would throw it back at 'em. I think the Cubs' fans are more baseball fans; if they truly loved the Cubs as much as the love baseball, they would demand more from their team.

Take care,