[Vision2020] Hockey almost over......YIPEEE!!!

Drew Hicks drizzle.hicks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 15:55:42 PDT 2006

Well Sports Fans,

It's that time of year again. Maybe the best time of the year. I'm not
talking about Summer, no I'm not talking about Christmas either. I'm talking
about the close of another time-draining, sports-center-wasting hockey
season. For the next week and a half we shall have no talk of Jagrs and
Messiers, Roys and Hjkhuhkunp;ekus (i think he plays for the canes or flames
or cranes or something like that). But our brief momentary bliss will soon
be broken by the starting of their next 50 week season. Only a week for our
twenty-consanant-named heroes to have their dental implants and mullets
polished up for another frantically, frustrating episode of "watch the big
guys with sticks try and keep their balance, then give up and start droppin'
bombs". Seriously though, can you think of a more frustrating combination.
You take a bunch of guys who are already ticked, cuz they live in the
perpetual cold, arm them with sticks and an odd shaped puck, and tell them
to get that  thing into a net half the size of the goalie in front of it. Oh
yeah, and do all of this while trying to keep your balance on the ice! I
think I'd start swingin' too. Well, anyway, it's almost over. And in the
short break between this season and the next we can enjoy some world cup
soccer, international rugby, and tennis grand slams. Sounds pretty good to
me. Enjoy.

Drizzle