[Vision2020] AGAIN! The punishment does not fit the crime

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 09:39:00 PDT 2006

On 6/9/06, Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hansen,
>
>  You don't need to send us every email three times.
>

>  You wrote:
>
>  "If, on some Friday afternoon while at the Palouse Mall, you should see
>  Sitler in the parking lot talking with a grade school girl (perhaps that
>  girl is a relative [no need for alarm], perhaps not), wouldn't you feel
> more
>  at ease if Sitler was in the company of an adult responsible for Sitler?"
>
>  That would be a violation of his probation, Tom. If he did that, he would
> get caught, no doubt, and go to jail for the rest of his life.

Note, Donovan, that a "suspended life sentence" does not mean that the
sentence must be executed all at once. When someone receives a
suspended sentence, any amount of time remaining on that sentence (in
the case of a life sentence, infinite time) can be requested by the
probation officer and approved by the judge.

For talking to a grade school kid alone, I seriously doubt he'd
receive an entire life sentence, or -- really -- any time whatsoever.
There's a whole range of punishments that can be used against people
on probation.

-- ACS