[Vision2020] Michael Metzler's Pubic Announcement 17

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Jun 9 09:24:36 PDT 2006

RE:  Your last paragraph

Or arrogant, unwise, patriarchal, hierarchical, unBiblical, callous, and
breezy Reconstructionism . . .

keely

From: "Taro Tanaka" <taro_tanaka at hotmail.com>
To: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Michael Metzler's Pubic Announcement 17
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:40:10 +0000

Rev. Wilson can speak for himself, but it should be noted that Patrick Poole
and some others in Reformed circles have long groused that the CREC isn't
really Presbyterian, or presbyterian, for this that and the other reason.
(Disputing the "presbyterianness" or "reformedness" of other Calvinists is a
cherished Calvinist tradition. In fact, it may be the real key to
identifying a fully-orbed Calvinist.) If someone chooses to define a word in
such a way that it doesn' include the CREC, then so be it. I personally
won't argue with that. What is more important is the issue of whether CREC
protocol and Christ Church protocol was followed. Based on what I know, I
would say those protocols were followed and that Wilson didn't overstep his
bounds of authority. It also needs to be noted that the only people to whom
Wilson need answer such questions are persons in Christ Church and in the
CREC. Messrs. Metlzer and Poole are neither in Christ Church nor in the CREC
and neither of them "deserves" to have these questions answered, in my
opinion. It would seem that Rev. Wilson is under no obligation to answer
them. If it was me, I probably wouldn't give them the time of day. If you
ask me (sorry, I know nobody asked me), it sounds like someone has trouble
distinguishing between presbyterianism (where the congregation chooses their
elders and then submits to them) and modern American baptistic
congregationalism (where the leaders have to keep on answering to the
electorate).

-- Princess Sushitushi

List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities
of the Palouse since 1994.                 http://www.fsr.net