[Vision2020] open letter to Doug Wilson and Roy Atwood

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jun 8 17:34:39 PDT 2006

Wise words.

keely

From: "Bill London" <london at moscow.com>
To: "Doug Wilson" <dougwils at moscow.com>, "Roy Atwood" <nsadean at nsa.edu>
CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] open letter to Doug Wilson and Roy Atwood
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 15:49:23 -0700

There seems to be a pattern developing here.

We now know of two cases of college-age (twenty-plus year old) men, who were
attending your Greyfriars institute or New St. Andrews, were part of your
Church community and were boarding with a local Church family.  In both
cases, the young men were later convicted of sexual molestation of young
(less than 16 years old) girls in those families.

I suggest that the boarder system you established, combined with your
patriarchal system of male/female relationships, put those girls at risk.
The girls are taught to be submissive and subserviant, making them
essentially powerless when facing a much older male who is much more
important in the Church hierarchy.  The young men are taught to expect that
kind of control and are raised in a system of sexual denial.

Considering the likelihood of this happening again, I urge you to end the
boarder system.
BL

  List services made available by First Step Internet,
           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com