[Vision2020] open letter to Doug Wilson and Roy Atwood

Bill London london at moscow.com
Thu Jun 8 15:49:23 PDT 2006

There seems to be a pattern developing here.

We now know of two cases of college-age (twenty-plus year old) men, who were attending your Greyfriars institute or New St. Andrews, were part of your Church community and were boarding with a local Church family.  In both cases, the young men were later convicted of sexual molestation of young (less than 16 years old) girls in those families.

I suggest that the boarder system you established, combined with your patriarchal system of male/female relationships, put those girls at risk.  The girls are taught to be submissive and subserviant, making them essentially powerless when facing a much older male who is much more important in the Church hierarchy.  The young men are taught to expect that kind of control and are raised in a system of sexual denial.

Considering the likelihood of this happening again, I urge you to end the boarder system.
BL