[Vision2020] Obvious reasons

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Thu Jun 8 16:43:10 PDT 2006

Ellen wrote:
"My gut still has that queasy feeling. . . . "

Yours & mine both!

It is absolutely unfathomable to me that we ***ever*** have an incarcerated
PREDATORY sexual offender footloose & fancy free during incarceration.  I
sincerely appreciate LCSO PIO's Jennifer McFarland's willingness and ability
to shed a bit of light on the situation, so I *do* understand the LCSO has
nothing whatsoever to do with that (IMHO) insanity.

It also distresses me to know that there was reportedly (if one is to
believe Doug Wilson) a self-confessed REPEAT predatory pedophile footloose &
fancy free for months before his sentencing.  If reports are to be believed,
most of that time was spent in another state.  However, *some* of that time
was spent in our community, which was a real threat to ***our*** community's
children . . . and *continues* to be a *known* threat to our community's
children each time Sitler is let out for his court-approved excursions.
This is a bridge too far!

Frankly, I don't care that much of Sitler's pre-sentence free time was spent
in another community in another state because my concern for the safety of
children from KNOWN -- and in this case confessed -- repeat predatory
pedophiles doesn't stop at the Moscow City limits.  How would we as a
community feel if another jurisdiction allowed a confessed repeat predatory
pedophile to hang out unencumbered here while awaiting sentencing elsewhere?
It's CRAZY!

If my concern about keeping all children safe from known confessed repeat
predatory pedophiles makes me a "nanny," that's a label I'll gladly accept.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****