[Vision2020] Sitler, Wilson, and Pooh Bear

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 12:06:39 PDT 2006

Joe,

 First off, let me say that none of your statements or  questions, even if answered, would lead to anything that would in  anyway prevent this crime from occurring in the future, or to help  current victims. That is why I don't believe that this is your concern.

  Your questions appear as an attempt to try and make up connections  between Christ Church and child molestation that simply are not there  for the purposes of character assassinate of Doug Wilson.

  Yes, two sexual predators both attended the same church in a small town  of 10,000 permanent residents, as you pointed out. They were also both  male, between 20-60, White, Christian, high school graduates,  heterosexuals and residences of Moscow. Should  we just round up  and shoot all White, Christian, heterosexual males between 20 and 60?  Why not, they are ones that commit 90% of the crime? Don't you see the  connection? That is a greater connection then what you are trying to  make, Joe.

 Should we also harass Sitler's parents, brothers,  friends, teachers, cousins, neighbors, and employers too right along  with his pastor?

 Second, all your facts are wrong. Did you  not read any of the information? Doug Wilson made sure it was reported  to the police immediately once he found out about the incident and made  sure he had ZERO contact with children thereafter. What other action do  you think Wilson should have taken?

 Should Wilson have gone  on Vision 2020 instead minutes later and post, "Hey guess what Joe,  this guy you don't know, Steven Sitler, told me he molested some kids,  so run and hide your children", then called the Daily News to repeat  what he heard?. Was that the rational course of action in your view?

  Third, your accusations have gone to far.  Accusing Doug Wilson on  a public forum of assisting a child molester in the perpetration of his  crimes is just beyond that of anything rational, especially when legal  documents demonstrate this not to be the case. I would say if you  continue, you are asking for legal trouble with public insinuations  that a man is running a child molestation ring.

 Finally,  all your other statements regarding his breaking of the law are also  incorrect. Doug Wilson has been allowed to stay where he is, and he has  been ruled to be in line with the law in regards to paying his taxes.  The fact that the law keeps knocking down these frivolous accusations  only supports my theory that your true intentions are harassment of  people you don't like. The record is building up. There are only so  many times a group of people can keep losing filed complaints before  anything they say falls only falls on deaf ears.

 I told you  this once, if not one hundred times; If you wish to challenge Wilson,  do so ethically and on religious and philosophical grounds, not through  personal attacks, outlandish accusations, and repeating misinformation.

 You are smart guy Joe, well educated and no doubt community  oriented. I have more respect for you then most people on Vision 2020,  but I hate to see you waste all your energy on a personal vendetta  rather then progress for the community.

  Best Regards,

  _DJA

Joe Campbell <joekc at adelphia.net> wrote:  Doug,

I'll  respond to your post later today. Some of my response is contained  below. The attempt to recuse Ament was, for me, the last straw. I no  longer trust that CC/NSA have the community's best interests at heart.  It seems to me that you are going to do what you want whether the  majority of town folk like it or not.

Donovan,

I have  been a critic for some time, so I am not jumping on any bandwagon. I  notice a demonstrated disregard for the law and community values that  has, it seems to me, gone far enough.

Do you realize that it  isn't enough for NSA to violate zoning laws and to push a vote on  council about a CUP agreement before the newly elected council has had  a chance to vote on the matter. No, they must seek to get one member,  who openly disagreed with the presence of NSA downtown and was elected  because of it, recused from the most recent CUP decision. That was the  last straw for me, thank you. Such basic disregard for the democratic  process should not be tolerated.

Then I find out that two  members of the CC community have been guilty of sexual abuse with a  minor. No one knew about this until recently and yet, instead of  searching deeper and trying to see if there is some broader connection  between these various showings of disrespect for common law, I am told  that I should keep quiet and that my genuine concern is nothing more  than a political agenda of some unspecified type.

If the safety  of our children does not move you to at least question whether or not  the actions of CC and NSA are appropriate, then you really need to look  in the mirror and ask yourself why you continue to stand behind this  group no matter what.

My conscious is clear. Things have gone  too far and something must be done about it. I will no longer tolerate  the blatant disregard for the law and the democratic process. I won't  want for them to turn on me, or on you, Donovan, before I speak out.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Donovan Arnold  wrote:

=============

"Forget about Michael and give me one good reason to think that you,
Doug Wilson, do not believe that you and your congregation are above and
beyond the laws of our community? That is and has always been the real
issue." Joe Campbell

So Joe, your true concern is not the victimized children, but in fact to
get Wilson to answer a pointless open ended question to your satisfaction?

Under what legal obligation is he to answer you?

Why are you using THIS tragic event to try and force someone to do something for you?

Best Regards,

_DJA

Joe Campbell   wrote:Would you tell me or anyone else outside of your church if there  were any child molesters who are current members of your church? From  the facts of this case so far the answer seems to be 'No.' Can't you  understand why this might be cause for concern among some of us?

The  more you turn this into the story of one poor soul who has lost his way  the more it looks to me like you are hiding something.

Again,  try to understand it from my perspective. From my perspective Michael  is merely providing information that you have failed to make public. I  can find room for the possibility that I am wrong in this judgment but  your continual public harassment of this young man makes it difficult  to do so.

Forget about Michael and give me one good reason to  think that you, Doug Wilson, do not believe that you and your  congregation are above and beyond the laws of our community? That is  and has always been the real issue.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Douglas  wrote:

=============
Visionaries,

Michael is grieved and baffled at the consequences of his actions.
Little kids playing with matches in tinder dry forests often feel the
same way, which in no way alters the consequences. Michael needs to
apologize for intruding himself into a situation that was way over his
head, where he didn't have all the facts, and for failing to understand
what a naif he has been. His anonymous friend who had him post this
salacious material has perhaps lost a friend over how the information
was used on the Internet? "Oh, /dear/, what are /those /people /doing
/out there?" It appears that Michael's friend was born yesterday, and
Michael was born the day before that.

Keep it simple, Michael. The request for privacy that you refused to
honor was a reasonable and heart-wrenching requests from someone who has
already been through enough. Read through what you posted below, and
then read through all your cyber self-centeredness of the last week. It
is hard to suck and blow at the same time. The only way out is to drop
it. Stop grieving over not dropping it. You are being pathetic, and you
need to ask for help from somebody.

Douglas Wilson

Michael wrote:

> [...]
> of revealing this information. My name is attached to the origination,
> and that is all. Wilson has therefore made me the whipping boy as this
> issue heats up. This kind of slanderous attack by Wilson is fully in
> line with the purpose of my web site; Wilson’s response to this issue
> is my primary concern: the deceitful rhetoric; the maligning of people
> instead of dealing with the evidence and issues directly; abusing his
> position through intimidation and manipulation, etc. Apparently, many
> do not share this concern as much, but I believe they should; I
> believe that this is really getting more at the heart of the problems
> at Christ Church. Do I think that there was pastoral misconduct in how
> the Sitler case was handled? From everything I can tell so far, it
> would seem so; but I’m reading this off the nature of Wilson’s very
> troubling response to this more so than the actual evidence we yet
> have of what had really transpired. I wish I could just correct the
> announcement and say that it is true that the congregation was
> sufficiently notified, but I still cannot. One of the reasons for this
> is the fact that myself and many other kirkers were indeed not
> successfully notified at all. Does this reveal aspects of the
> corruption at Christ Church? I would think so. But this does not mean
> that there was some kind of big sex scandal to go on the front page of
> the newspaper. I could be wrong; there could be more to this than I
> know. But I currently have little reason to believe this and I have no
> intentions of being a part of the next big politicized attack on Doug
> Wilson or Christ Church. So few find it interesting that Wilson is
> currently attacking the person who posted the information on Sitler
> more so than providing basic information; I think this highlights how
> at odds I just might be with this current ‘controversy’. Some of you
> will thank me for the info and then tip your hat once the Kirk has
> lynched me. A good reason to be careful on all fronts it seems to me.
>
> Finally, I want to also comment on my thoughts about Sitler. I agree
> more with Wilson and Christ Church than others who have so far
> commented to this—although I do not wish to suggest a great coherence
> between this and their prior theonomic stances and attitudes. We are
> all sinners, and it is ultimately not by my choosing that I’m Metzler
> and not Sitler. The entire world is sick and full of perversion. I am
> thankful for the American Legal Tradition and its careful balancing
> between protection from harm and the disciplining of vengeance. The
> law and the courts are not God, nor do they perfectly reflect ultimate
> justice. The way some of the talk has gone about the death penalty and
> disgust reveal hearts that need to know the God who became man and died.
>
> I think I rambled a bit, but if you are still reading: Thanks for
> listening; I hope this at least clarifies my take on all this.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com