[Vision2020] shamelessness

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 08:44:18 PDT 2006

Tommy,

  A political agenda is something that someone hopes or attempts will be achevied in a society.

  Kind of like how you were for the War in Iraq in March of 2003. I wrote  to you saying it was a mistake and people, including US troops, would  end up in a pointless war, die, and for no real advantage to the US.  You said that you were for the war and the troops were all volunteer  anyways. Now, you have realized how many people have died pointlessly,  so you want out of the war you supported, the opposite political agenda.

  In this case the political agenda is to demote Douglas Wilson in the  eyes of the local community. Several opponents to Wilson and Church are  taking the tragic event of a child being molested, that Wilson had  nothing to do with, and tying it in some way to Wilson in order to  accomplish that seperate agenda.

  If the parents of those children are opposed to that agenda, you are  either forcing them to "out" themselves and their child as the victims  in order to stop it, or endure further victimization as being the  spearhead for a political agenda they oppose. I think that is a  horrible position to put those families in, would you not agree?

  A related topic would be alright in my opinion. For example, greater  education on how to prevent the crime, report the crime, and how  victims can seek help in a situation when an adult figure has power  over them.

  Regards,

  _DJA

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:              v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}          st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                    Two questions, Arnold:

    1)  How is &#8220;someone using the tragic  event of a child being molested as an excuse to further an unrelated political  agenda&#8221;?

    2)  What specifically is the &#8220;unrelated  political agenda&#8221;?

    Tommy Hansen
    Moscow, Idaho

            "I think one of the best ways to  support education is to make successful private schools like Logos prosper  through tax exemption."

  - Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)