[Vision2020] London for Censor in '06.....

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Jun 7 13:16:38 PDT 2006

I am really trying to ignore Tony and some of his more vicious pals, but I
take great offense at the idea that Bill London is pro-censorship for
advising folks to ignore the deliberately offensive posts the boys have put
out.

First, Bill is not the moderator of Vision 2020.  He is not the captain of
the UI football team, he's not the owner of Tucci's, and he's not the
produce manager at Safeway, either.  Those positions, though, really exist.
"Moderator" of Vision 2020 is a position that doesn't exist.  Got it?

Second, censorship by definition is prior restraint of materials or speech
deemed objectionable by those in power.  If your Internet connection were
disabled by Bill because he finds your use of it a contributing factor to
the decline of Vision 2020, that would be prior restraint, not to mention
criminal vandalism.  If he beat you up so that you couldn't type, that would
be prior restraint, as well as battery.  And if he bribed First Step to
somehow keep your stuff off the forum, that would be prior restraint, as
well as stupid.  But he's done nothing of the sort.  Instead, he
acknowledges that you will write whatever vomitus you write, and many of us
will ignore you.  You're not restrained, although I, for one, would love to
see you retrained.

Third, Bill London has done more for this community than almost anyone I can
think of.  You are nowhere near the man he is, Tony.  Bill can engage in
debate and do so respectfully.  You seemingly can't.  That's one of the many
reasons I read his posts with gladness and read yours with my nose pinched
closed to lessen the smell . . .

keely