[Vision2020] Who was a friend of the big bad bear?

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Wed Jun 7 12:04:14 PDT 2006

Andrea,

Mc Arthur igniting nuclear war?  Speculation.  Reality:   Democrat Roosevelt
caved at Yalta and accommodated the Soviets.

Kissinger and McNamara initiated Vietnam?  Sorry Hon, our involvement  there
preceded those two.  Also, if you'll recall, it was a democrat,  Johnson, who
ratcheted up that conflict.

Yes, we found ourselves drawn into a costly arms race with the  Soviets.  We
won because they could not compete with our production.   And interestingly,
it was not offensive systems which ultimately broke the  bear's back, but the
defensive Strategic Defense Initiative or "missile shield"  which precipitated
Russia's capitulation.

I am heartened to hear that you recognize the moral and economic bankruptcy
that is Marxism.  But you err when you say that the arms race was  irrelevant
in '69 because enough weapons already existed to mutually ensure  destruction.
 That's where S.D.I. became a factor.  The Soviets knew  they faced yet
another race, this one to produce a system of a DEFENSIVE  nature.  They weren't up
to the task due to the inherent flaws in their  system which you acknowledged.

You say the Soviet Union was always a paper tiger and no matter who entered
the oval office in '80, it would have imploded.  Amazing.  Tell it to  the
tens of MILLIONS of peasants starved to death by Stalin.  Doubt they  would share
you view of the Soviets as harmless.  Fact is that the liberal  community was
sympathetic to, and in bed with, the communist movement then as  well as now.
 Your sorry attempt to rewrite history notwithstanding.   For an accurate
tale of liberals and their involvement with the communists in  the fifties and
sixties, I recommend you read David Horowitz's Radical  Son.

More on the torture question  later,          --Tony