[Vision2020] shamelessness

Bill London london at moscow.com
Wed Jun 7 10:48:53 PDT 2006

Doug Wilson, in his post to V2020 reprinted below, suggests that I as
"quasi-moderator" stop this dialog on Sitler's activities.

Sorry, I can't and won't.  This is a non-moderated list.  Period.  Besides,
I do believe in free speech.

Doug continues that his concern is for the publishing of the victims' names.
That has not occured and I do not believe that anyone on this list would do
anything so reprehensible.

What this whole situation needs is a lot more open information and less
concealment.  There is no need to discuss individual victims.  The issues
involve the activities of the adults involved: Sitler, Wilson and the police
and courts.  That information needs to be openly discussed.  Until now, the
entire case has been shrouded in secrecy.

Wilson is a public figure.  His role is crucial.  He was willing to reach
out and post on V2020 after promising never to return -- and that indicates
he understands the significance of this situation.

The Sitler case is news now.  I think it is time that our local media
started opening the case to public scrutiny. BL