[Vision2020] shamelessness

Douglas Wilson dougwils at christkirk.com
Wed Jun 7 07:21:09 PDT 2006

Visionaries,

Only one kind of thing could have induced me to come back into this
discussion group.

Michael, in order to defend your reprehensible behavior in this, you
have /already /discussed a conversation your wife had with someone in
the victim's family on your blog. Although you did not identify them by
name, you doing this distressed that family greatly. Way to go. The
mother of some of the victims has called you up and begged you to take
your postings down, and you refused. Way to go again. I am not using
these people as a shield -- you are using them as a spear. You were told
by that mother that you were not "hurting Doug Wilson, you are hurting
us." What is wrong with you? How could you refuse a request like that? I
can easily envision a circumstance (like this one) where you would face
a grim choice indeed -- that of accepting the humiliation of public
refutation, or continuing to keep the issue confused by dragging them
into it (and then blaming me for involving the victims, as you have
already sought to do). Think about this; we have now both made claims
about the victims' families. I have done so because your pathetic
behavior made it necessary. So how are we going to check who is telling
the truth about them without making them go on the record? You are the
one who has created this awful situation, and you need to take
responsibility for it. You have published privileged information in the
past, and I have no reason to believe that if your astounding emotional
insecurities are in any way threatened that you will be trustworthy with
this kind of information in the future. On this issue, the only
honorable thing for you to do is to apologize like a man, take down your
postings, and shut up.

Tom, when Steven was caught he was reported to the legal authorities
within a matter of hours. In the aftermath of that initial discovery, in
counseling sessions with me (allowed by the state), he confessed to me
his previous activities back before he had been caught. I told him that
he needed to make a full confession of all that to the court, which he
agreed to do. So we found out about what his crimes in 2005. We did not
know in 2003 what he was doing in 2003. We found out in 2005 what he was
doing in 2003. As soon as we knew, within hours, the legal authorities
knew. Your malice toward me (and that of J. Ford), is causing to you to
make wild, unsubstantiated and libelous claims about how children were
endangered by our behavior. It was just the reverse. Ant the transparent
attempt to roll this issue in with the boarding house/zoing complaint
shows what the real interest in this is.

I repeat my request. The families involved do not want this. They do not
want their story in the papers (which it now is, thanks to Michael).
They want everybody to drop it. What about it?

Douglas Wilson