[Vision2020] Gay amendment

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 6 06:26:12 PDT 2006

Amazing how Bush talked about this issue before the last election, then
didn't say anything about it until now, as we get ready for mid-term
elections.  I don't think there's any interest in discussing issues like the
ones you mention, James.  They won't get the political base to the polls.
Christian voters who must have noticed they've gotten only lip service from
Bush aren't going to show up over those issues; they may come back if they
think he's going to push a gay marriage ban.

Bush needs those votes to keep the House.  We'll see a lot more about this
as we head towards November.

Sunil