[Vision2020] Hate speeches......

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Jun 3 06:14:25 PDT 2006

Please, Dr. Ghazanfar, let us hear more from you.  I appreciate your
comments.

keely emerine mix

From: "Dr. S.M. Ghazanfar" <ghazi at uidaho.edu>
To: Vision 2020 <vision2020 at moscow.com>
Subject: [Vision2020] Hate speeches......
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 21:34:27 -0700

Just privately, let me briefly comment on the suggestion that your forum
must "ban" hate speeches; this comes as a reaction to someone's posting of
the "The Great Fundamentalist Hoax" (a column that has apparently appeared
in numerous newspapers throughout the nation).  If such bans are enforced,
then there is a variety of other kinds of "hate speeches" that must meet the
same censor.  Of course, one periodically observes on this forum "hate"
commentaries/articles specifically with respect to not only other faith
traditions (Islam/Muslims, in particular) but also to various styles of
living.  Where would you draw the line?  And what does that mean for our
freedoms?
On the other hand, if the forum succumbs to such pressures, it will be quite
in accordance with the prevailing "Orwellian" environment.
Best wishes.

--
Dr. S.M. Ghazanfar

List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities