[Vision2020] NSA CUP appeal hearing/Kimmel/Ament/Pall

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com
Thu Jun 1 23:56:19 PDT 2006

All,
What short memory some of us have...Remember Paul Kimmel and his alleged
conflicts of interest having to do with Christ Church?

The legal definition of conflict of interest means FINANCIAL conflict of
interest, not conflict of opinions. I would be very, very disappointed
to see Aaron Ament recuse himself (as I was with Linda Pall when she
recused herself concerning Wal-Mart (1).

I say to both Aaron and Linda, be leaders, don't be wimps. I didn't vote
for a wimp. I didn't vote for someone who doesn't have the courage of
his or her belief. The kind of person I voted for would stand up against
those who would take advantage of the community for selfish gain. The
kind of person I voted for wouldn't back down in the face practiced
lying and subtle manipulation. Like a good parent, the person I voted
for would call out a lie and cause discomfort rather than be party to
the lie and thus encouraging more lies. I urge you both to continue to
fight for what you believe is right for the community. Keep up the good
work both of you.

I'll end by saying that it is personal belief of mine that to be
unnecessarily antagonistic is to be polarizing without being productive.
Lack of tact is not, however, a problem solved by recusal. I am sure
tact is gained through experience; that is the solution. Let us put
experience to work and recusal to rest unless, of course, you want to
revisit Paul Kimmel's past alleged conflicts of interest.

Jim Meyer

(1) / Daily News By Ryan Bentley, Daily News staff writer
Published: 05-27-2006/ "Councilwoman Linda Pall recused herself due to a
previous comment she had made while discussing Wal-Mart with a member of
the Gene Thompson family.“I said, ‘Boy, I sure hope you’re not planning
a Wal-Mart out there’ Š and in no uncertain terms I said it was a
terrible idea,” Pall said."