[Vision2020] Ped/Bike transportation options

Brent Bradberry bbradber at moscow.com
Thu Jun 1 07:36:17 PDT 2006

I am a bicyclist of long-standing (now that I've written it,
"long-standing" seems like a peculiar adjective re: cyclists) and would
have no objection to a modest tax in support of bike trails. In my
"youth" I commuted daily between Moscow and Pullman (pre-Chipman trail)
but now almost 100% of my cycling is recreational. However, if cyclists
are to be taxed separately for their trails, shouldn't they also be
exempted from taxes for building and maintaining highways? (Assuming of
course that they use bike trails exclusively). In other words, when do
taxes become user fees?

Brent Bradberry

--
Brent Bradberry, Ph. D.