[Vision2020] changing subjects...

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 30 16:06:38 PDT 2006

G~

Before moving to Moscow and enrolling in MJHS, wearing
a purple velvet mini dress, and *cringing* purple and
white tie~dye stockings (remember that, G? *laughing*)
, I lived in Southern California. Synanon was a
destination point for jr. high, and sr. high school
students to hear some great music, socialize and
dance. It was a blast to go down there. Santa Monica
is NOT was it is today.. this is prior to the pier
being washed out to sea, when Venice Beach (close to
Santa Monica) was small, and really "muscle beach"
back when life was simple, we could play "after dark".
In later years, Synanon, got VERY wierd. But back in
the day??? *warm smile* It was a fun, safe place to
spend balmy summer nights listening to music. These
were the years when the Beach Boys would play in a
parking lot of a beach on the back of a flatbed truck,
there were beaches it was safe to spend the night...

*gentle smile*

You prejudged Tom, based on what you have heard or
read in the media about Synanon. How would you know
what Synanon public events held for teens and young
adults? *shrug* You wouldn't. As far as I can recall,
you weren't raised in the Los Angeles area in the
'60's and 70's, or experience what some of us who
lived there did.

To everyone ~ ~

This thread, and comments posted in the last 3~4
months, made me realise something. Often times, we
make presumptions when we read about another place, or
time. What presumptions will people make of our fair
city... Moscow? "The City With a Smile" (It used to be
the "motto" of Moscow) When they read about all the
petty bickering and mudslinging? A while back, Shelley
Bennett was quoted in the paper...  wondering "Where
did the smile go?" I wondered at the time, how many
people even knew what she was talking about.

Where DID the smile go?????

Janesta Carcich

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/On_the_Road_Again.mp3

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Going_Up_the_Country.mp3

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/20th_Century_Fox.mp3

> >> If anybody on this list is familiar with Mona
> >> Klinger (and her husband,
> >> Chad), I am certain that you would agree with the
> >> song selection.
> >>
> >> Seeya round town, Moscow.
> >>
> >> Tom Hansen
> >> Moscow, Idaho

> >>  List services made available by First Step
> >> Internet,
> >>  serving the communities of the Palouse since
> 1994.

=== message truncated ===