[Vision2020] changing subjects...

Janesta Carcich janestacarcich at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 30 12:02:45 PDT 2006

*chuckling softly*

The Doors... Tom, I can still recall the words to
almost every Doors song. I suppose because I was in
Los Angeles when they first started playing at the
Whisky.

A summer or two ago, I was visiting my mom, as we were
driving along the road having a lovely mother-daughter
chat, a Doors song came on HER radio station. Bursting
out laughing, I turned to her, first asking what radio
station it was... mine of course, she replied...
another question, *grin* quite innocently of course...
Mother, do you know who this band is? With a wry
chuckle she replied "How could I EVER forget The
Doors" I had a lovely time teasing her that Jim
Morrison was on HER radio station. You see, when we
drove, or drive anywhere, it is always mother's
station. As it should be.

 I enjoy NPR, talk radio, G. Gordon Liddy, etc. Which,
since 7th grade has given my daughter a "headache"
After my daughter gave birth to her daughter, the
three of us drove from Riverside County to Moscow.
DAYS before getting in the car, she informed me "No
talk radio, it gives me a headache. I then told her,
none of her rap, whatever music she was listening to
at the time. Soooo.... we sang the whole way home, it
was a blast! Our "road song" was On the Road Again.
Only prolbem was, once we got to a certain point in
the song, we had to kind of fake it. Ever happen to
you? *laughing* By the time we got to our first stop
in Sacramento, we HAD to borrow my neices computer to
print the words to "On the Road Again" by Willie
Nelson. I think we sang that song 559 times by the
time we arrived home. It sure was good to finally have
the words! No radio, not one time. It was like eating
dinner with the TV OFF. Great conversation, and
wonderful times of silence.

ahhh... Road trips... Anyone taken any fun ones this
summer?

Janesta

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/20th_Century_Fox.mp3