[Vision2020] Pac 10 vs. Big 12

Drew Hicks drizzle.hicks at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 15:23:38 PDT 2006

Since 1950, teams from the Big 12 region have received 15 national titles
opposed to the Pac-10 region's 8.
Rivaled only by teams from the SEC region. Of course I'm adding the "region"
phrase because of the fluctuation that has occurred in every conference in
the last 50 years. I might also add that the Pac-10 certainly contributes 1
or 2 schools to the national picture each year with a USC or a WSU years ago
or a UW in the early 90s sometimes even a UCLA gets in there, while the Big
12 consistently contributes several top 5, top 10, teams each season. On
another note, I might add that the last two years have seen the number 2
seeded Pac-10 schools face a 4th or 5th seeded Big 12 school in the Holiday
Bowl. The Result - 2005 - #4 Cal gets thumped by unranked Texas Tech and
2006 - #11 Oregon gets thumped by unranked Oklahoma.......startin' to make
sense.....

drizzle