[Vision2020] Sixth Street closing

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 07:13:49 PDT 2006

It is a major inconvenience for me having that road shut down. And  costs me more in time and money. 6th Street already had a sidewalk and  I don't think anything was really wrong with the street in the first  place except that Adams street is an accident that frequently happens..  And as someone that frequently goes on long walks around town at night,  I stay off the uneven, unshoveled, unlighted sidewalks of Moscow.  Walking on the edge of streets is much, much safer in my opinion  because the streets have less snow and ice on them, they are well lit,  and the ground is even.  I always  fall down and /or twist my  ankle when I walk on the sidewalks-I cannot see with no lighting, and  they are not level. People also park their  their cars, bikes, and  toys on the sidewalks too, and I won't get into all the people that  water their sidewalks at night. Granted, I wouldn't have some of these  problems if I walked in the day time, but I don't walk in the day time,  it is too
 bloody hot.

 Should it really take months to  repave three blocks? Good thing this crew isn't working on HW 95, it  wouldn't get done tell 2557 if they only did one block a month.

  Anyone know what the bill is going to be for a three month project to complete three blocks of Sixth Street?

  Best,

  _DJA

Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:      Message       v\:* {  BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } o\:* {  BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } w\:* {  BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } .shape {  BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) }   st1\:* {  BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui) }    @font-face {   font-family: Tahoma;  }  @page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; }  P.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  LI.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  DIV.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  A:link {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlink {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  A:visited {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  P {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New
 Roman"; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto  }  SPAN.EmailStyle19 {   COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: personal-reply  }  DIV.Section1 {   page: Section1  }      Besides,  I think its only been closed about a month so far.  And I, for  one, as both a pedestrian and a driver, am ecstatic the City is  fixing 6th street.  The inconvenience hasn't been that bad,  except maybe during Moscow's Rush Minute.

  DC