[Vision2020] Idaho's State Quarter Features falcon

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Wed Jul 26 13:57:35 PDT 2006

Joe asks:
"From where does the expression "And here we have Idaho, winning herself
to fame" (#3) come?"

>From the Idaho State Song:

And here we have Idaho--Winning her way to fame,
Silver and gold in the sunlight blaze, and romance in her name.

Singing, we're singing of you, ah, proudly too, all our lives thru,
We'll go singing, singing of you, singing of Idaho.

You've heard of the wonders our land does possess,
It's beautiful valleys and hills, The majestic forests where nature
abounds,
We love every nook and rill.

There's truly one state in this great land of ours
Where ideals can be realized
The pioneers made it so for you and me
A legacy we'll always prize.

Following the bouncing ball,