[Vision2020] Wilson's complaint (was: Property tax cut?)

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Tue Jul 25 09:10:14 PDT 2006

Vizzz peeps,

Regarding the four people listed on Wilson's complaint:

While working with the Friends of Moscow Mountain a couple years back, I
recall some discussion about Idaho's trespassing laws.  Hopefully Mark
Solomon and Wayne Fox are perusing this thread along with others,
because they can back up (or at least clarify) what we discovered and
what I'm trying to explain.

In Idaho, in order to convict someone of "trespassing", you must first
warn said person off your property, then file a complaint with the
proper law enforcement authorities.  Then you must have something in
writing stating that said person is not allowed on your property.  By
listing the names on his complaint, Wilson has assured that those people
will be cited for trespassing, rather than just warned off.

Mind you, I have a mere layman's understanding of this process.  Mark
can speak to it MUCH better, having had some recent experience with it.

DC