[Vision2020] Property tax cut?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 24 22:41:10 PDT 2006

Keely,

  Click on the link below.

  _DJA

  http://www.tomandrodna.com/Wilsonistas/Police_Report_071805_02.htm

keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:  Can someone point me to any link wherein Doug makes such an accusation,
naming the four by name?

keely

From: Donovan Arnold
To: "g. crabtree" , J Ford
,
      vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Property tax cut?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:28:41 -0700 (PDT)

"Dougie, on the other hand, has NO proof, NO evidence, NO witnesses,
NO real reason to have named four 35-50(+) year old people as doing what
amounts to teen-type of pranks in a police report TWO WEEKS after he says
they
occurred and AFTER he says he reported them." --JFord

Jackie, How do you KNOW this for fact unless you are monitoring his
property 24 hours a day? I think Doug Wilson has all this video recorded.
You can buy a home video recording system now for less than $100.
Also, anyone on his property at the time of the crimes can snap a picture
on their cell phone and send it to an email account for just
25 cents. I think Wilson could afford both.

I want the people to be caught. Anyone who vandalizes is a menace and a
coward, regardless
of who it is and who they are doing it to. I hate it when people mess with
my
stuff. If they have an issue with me, take it up with me, not my property.
Vandals
raise our taxes through law enforcement, and our insurance rates.

Nails in a vehicle tire is also more than a teenage prank. It is very
DANGEROUS and could
seriously injury or kill somebody if a tire blows out on a highway.

_DJA

"g. crabtree"  wrote:  Rather then take any of the
silliness that has been liberally ladled out
here in the past few postings at face value, I hauled my lard out into the
warm summer sunshine and down to the MPD to ask some extremely helpful and
patient people some rather dull questions. Here are some of the results of
my queries.

First, there are five officers on duty for the day shift and the swing
shift. There are three officers on duty for the graveyard shift. Due to the
way shifts overlap there is only a four hour block where there is only three
officers on patrol. (generally the quietest portion of any of the shifts)
The assertion that during the busiest shift there are only two officers
working is hogwash. Period.

Second, all officers accrue vacation time at the same rate as other city
employees and the staffing is such that the officers who desire to do so,
get to take it. Nobody is not allowed to take their vacation time because of
short staffing.

Third, all officers work approximately a 40 hr. week. Guys on the swing and
graveyard shifts do sometimes rack up some overtime due to the nature of
their shift. Also overtime is put in for special events (games, rendezvous,
renaissance fair, etc.) this is widely regarded as a good thing by the
officers. Time off appears to be the last thing these people want.

Fourth, response time in Moscow is lightning fast for emergency calls. In a
situation where harm might befall a citizen, the police drop everything and
respond right now. Matters of lesser urgency do take a back seat but I was
assured that all calls are responded to within 30 min. unless other
arrangements are made with the reporting party.

Fifth, there is no reason that people shouldn't know about what's going on
in there neighborhood. The link that Dan C. provided gives one access to the
police log and from that it's child's play to know exactly what's up around
your home. No need to wait to hear it third, fourth, or fifth hand.

Sixth, when extra patrol is requested at any given location it means that
the police will drive by a little more often then they might have otherwise.
It does not mean that they will be parked in that persons driveway keeping
their mailbox safe from a spent French letter. Sorry, hansen.

Finally, the officer that I was speaking with did allow as how having a
couple of extra personnel for the day shift would help to keep the paperwork
from piling up and create a little less of a burden for the rest of the guys
but absolutely nothing was mentioned that led me to think that from a safety
(ours or the officers) point of view, these folks didn't have it completely
under control. Now hows about a little sanity be allowed to enter into this
discussion, allrighty?

G. Crabtree