[Vision2020] Property tax cut?

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 24 00:56:48 PDT 2006

Not going to rise to the bait...

However, in THIS e-mail you did answer some of the question that I posed to
some degree.

I do NOT agree that we need four of those positions you sited.  I believe we
need more police personnel and we need them to be allowed their union.  We
also need them to have INCREASED benefits and a better pay that would allow
them to stay in the community as cops, if that is what they be wanting.
Funny how you all can agree on the tax increase but not the Union because
you see THAT as a threat to the budget.  Makes NO sense at all.

There is no way you can tell this community that 100-150 vehicles are in
need of work AT THE SAME TIME, so the increase of personnel for that shop is
a mystery.  Especially given that the vehicles are routinely shifted out of
commission with new ones to take their place.

As far as the secretary is concerned - what office would that personnel be
placed?  And why?

You say that you "think that all (the positions) can be justified" yet you
don't do so.

Your explanation of the 3% tax increase is silly, to say the least.  So the
City is not asking for the other tax increase we property owners will be
experiencing, it is just ADDING to those that the County and/or State is
considering.  And we are to say this is ok - why?  The fees this city
charges for sewer, trash, water, tv cable, electric, etc. are always
increasing and now you want to add this tax increase.  Not seeing sound
reasoning - nope, not seeing it at all.

In light of the rest of the government agencies and Governor in this state
looking at REDUCING the taxes, how can the City justify increasing them?

Again, I would challenge the MAYOR to justify the increase in City personnel
positions and taxes CLEARLY.  She has a forum to do so - let's see HER do
it.

J  :]