[Vision2020] vindictive, a little?

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 21 08:12:34 PDT 2006

Comrades,
  I noted with very little surprise in last nights Daily News that Citizen Ament and Mr. R. Stout, People's Champion, of our illustrious city council were in full revenge mode when it came to the formulation of  the city's budget. Since the city's human resources director wouldn't get on board with manufacturing justifications for a union for a small sub-set of Moscow's  city employee's, they figured that a fitting thank you would be to eliminate the department. One should note that MRSPC's largest single campaign contributor by far was from Services Employees Local 202 out of Spokane, WA. followed by Pacific Northwest Council, Carpenters Union Local 313 out of Kent, WA. The combined total of which exceeded the next nearest contributor by a factor of five and amounted to more then a third of all monies contributed to the campaign. The quote from Mr. Stout "For Human Resources to actively take a role in not recognizing a union was wrong: because of this, what we have is broken." sounds to me a lot like my way or the highway. Having been at the council meeting where the person from HR spoke, it was clear to me that the information that they were providing was at the request of the council and that the department was taking no position one way or the other. Rightfully so. This seems to cut no ice with The Citizen. Yea Verily, sayeth The People's Champion, heads must roll! Thankfully, wiser and less vindictive heads prevailed.

G. Crabtree

P.S. Should some of the more plaintive and sensitive members of the list cite this as just one more example of Crabtree putting politics before people, just let me ask what is the HR dept. made up of? Employee handbooks and file cabinets?

gc