[Vision2020] Quotes

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 16 07:09:07 PDT 2006

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass philosopher here, Scimitar, but the argument you give below is fallacious.

You offer the following quote: "All Scripture is God-breathed, and is valuable for TEACHING the truth." Then you write that "Whatever is written therein is given by the final Word, Jesus Christ," suggesting that whatever is written in Scripture IS the truth. The conclusion simply does not follow from the premises.

I am relatively new to Christianity, so I'd be interested in knowing if there really are passages in Scripture which suggest that we should take a fundamentalist interpretation of it, accepting each passage as the "literal" truth. The passages below do not support that view but that doesn't mean that the passages are not there. Can you help me here?

--
Joe Campbell

---- The Scimitar <thescimitar13 at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
On Tuesday, July 11, 2006, lemeno Doug quotes Michael Metzler as saying, "Michael
  stated that he was 'too much of a weenie to match on the fly rhetorical wits with
  him'"--pertaining to Doug Wilson.

  And lemeno Doug states, "Mike this would be a true statement."

  Michael Metzler, it seems, tries to always be truthful--something lemeno Doug's
  pastor and fawning followers should try to emulate.

  On Friday, July 14, 2006, Ralph Nielsen states, "Would Dick Sherwin or anybody else
  please tell us what Jesus Christ specifically said about homosexuals."

  The Deity of Christ.  John 1:1,2 states, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word
  was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God."  Jesus
  Christ is the Word of God--all that is contained in the Old and New Testaments is
  the revealed Word of God.  II Timorthy 3:16 states, "All Scripture is God-breathed, and
  is valuable for teaching the truth, convicting of sin, correcting faults and training in
  right living, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every
  good work."

  Jesus Christ=the Word of God; the Word of God=The Old and New Testaments.
  Whatever is written therein is given by the final Word, Jesus Christ.  Jesus Christ
  stated, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the
  end." Revelation 22:13.
  See Leviticus 18:22 and Romans 1:26, 27 among others.

  Kind thanks to Michael Metzler, keely emerinemix, J. Ford and Art Deco for their
  kind remarks.  They've not gone unnoticed.

  <Scimitar>