[Vision2020] Pictures of Peace

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Sat Jul 15 21:02:41 PDT 2006

Thanks Tony,

Those pictures were actually taken in the hawthorn tree in my yard last summer.  The doves are back again this year, this time nesting on a branch on the other side of the tree.  They laid three eggs but only one hatched.  I believe this was due to the fact our yard man sprayed some chemical into the tree when I  was not home and forgot to tell him not too.  At least the one that did hatch successfully grew quickly, probably due to being an only child and making it easier on mom and dad to feed it, and flew away just yesterday.

Spent the day on a ten mile stretch of the Clearwater River with about 35 friends, cleaning the beaches and the rocks of debris.  You would find it hard to believe what some people do in our public places!  I can't even tell you how many dirty diapers we picked up!  We also ended up with 200 - 250 lbs of broken glass and probably 300 pounds of metal, not to mention all the old  tires and other junk.  The beach on the North side of the river, just above Orofino, was literally covered with broken glass.  Twenty five of us spent more than an hour working on it and, even though we did make an impact, it was far from safe for public use when we left.  We had to get on down the river.

Bad motorcycle crash at Myrtle Beach.  Looked like two  bodies lying in and along the highway, covered with yellow tarps by the state troopers.  The bike, a typical crotch rocket type, was a total disaster also.  Not a pretty sight to see.

Well, I am beat and dehydrated from the sun.  Headed for the shower, some Gatorade and a good long sleep.

Sweet dreams all...

Dick S.