[Vision2020] No victims??

Warren Hayman whayman at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 14 09:48:58 PDT 2006

Actually Mr. Campbell, a refinement of your conclusion of dangerous
creatures could prove the most terrifying scenario: imagine a sub-group
of armed and violent gay males between 16 and 30 driving erratically
while rabidly transfusing blood. . . Chilling.

And to all, please accept my apology for my part in continuing this
thread. Many times I am unsure of whether someone is posting or posing
on V2020. I thought Mr. Simpson's statements within this realm; hence I
responded flippantly yesterday, not realizing the gravitas of his
concern. My goal was humor, and I failed as clearly as I no doubt just
did above. I did not intend to continue the thread in whatever small
way I may have.

This is one reason I rarely post on V2020. I grant my relative
incapacity for independent thought. At the same time, I often read
postings written by people who seem to consider keyboarding a
precognitive activity, who appear to negate the distinction between
bellying and bullying up to the bar, or who perhaps lack the grace of
pausing prior to clicking the send button, etc.

This thread began, I think, from a beginning discussion of CC's
position of not homosexuality per se, but rather how to treat gays and
lesbians within a community. Specifically, the rather Socratic and
Draconian mandate of death or banishment addressed during KRFP's
discussion the other night. I would enjoy more of a reply from Mr.
Wilson et al. For that matter, I would enjoy a continuation of the
discussion. I don't know Mr. Wilson, but have consistently heard that
he is quite adept at thinking on his feet. I did not find that evident
the other night. I only barely know Ms. Mix and would not embarrass her
by calling her a friend, but found her as deeply caring as she was
intelligent and articulate. I would love to hear more, and that the
discussion be kept in better focus on the topic-- for example, the
caller questioning Christianity in general could have started and
stayed on track with the intent.

Messrs. Campbell and Simpson, I was trying to crack a funny. Sorry, and
I'm done posting. I will, as WC Williams once wrote, "bow and pass
smiling."

Warren Hayman