[Vision2020] The Keely Mix/Doug Wilson Debate

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Fri Jul 14 05:36:52 PDT 2006

A direct quote from Nick Gier:  "I'm busy writing my commentary on the U.S.
and Torture (Preliminary title "Beheadings, Hoodings, and Water Boarding:
CIA Torture from Vietnam to Gitmo"),......."

Nick,

I do not understand your passionate desire to constantly denounce our
troops, our military and our country, in favor of the tactics of terrorists.
We all understand that, in a time of war and under pressure, people
sometimes do things they would not normally do.  We also understand the fact
that, in the case of our soldiers and military, these times are more rare
than the standard of actions.

In a hypothetical scenerio, if you were a captured combatant; Would you
prefer to be a prisoner of war, held captive by any of the Coalition forces,
or, would you prefer to be a prisoner of the extremist factions, operating
under no rules of engagement and no rules what-so-ever concerning the
treatment of prisoners?  Is your commentary going to include some exposure
of the heinous tactics commonly employed by other side, or, are you only
interested in exposing the actions of the few, serving our own country, who
have made an error?

I am not questioning your right to your own opinions as to the war on
terrorism we presently find ourselves engaged in.  I just do not understand
how you justify your endless criticisms of the very country that affords you
the freedom of dissent.  After all, as a university professor, you have
enjoyed the privileges of being an employee of the very government you
appear to be unable to tolerate.  Can you honestly say you attitude would
not be different if Bill Clinton or John Kerry were President, as opposed to
George W. Bush?  Under the same circumstances, do you really believe their
options would be any different?

I would like to take the opportunity to apologize to you for some of my past
actions of calling you names and condeming you for have a different opinion,
from my own.  I would also like to assure you that I am asking these
questions in ernest and not to challenge your right to your opinions.  It is
just difficult for me to understand why you appear to support the enemies of
our country more than our own troops and your own country.

Looking forward to your reply and hoping you will not make it too long and
too far over my head for me to understand.  :)

Have a wonderful day,

Dick S.