[Vision2020] Authority To Preach

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 13 21:03:35 PDT 2006

When a person just up and starts a "church" and demands that my taxes pay
his way through life, I want to know by what authority he thinks he can do
this.  Just calling yourself a "pastor" does not cut it.  He admited on Tues
he has had ZERO training in the word outside of 4 semester hours of a
theology class at UI - this is NOT the type of class that would support his
or YOUR theology, but a general "Let's see what the world of Christianity is
about" type of class and does NOT promote or educate a person in their
church.  If it did, why would he then start his own seminary, Grayfriars,
and teach HIS brand of "the truth"?

If all it took was for someone to take a few community classes and proclaim
himself a church leader, then the David Koresh's and Jim Jones' of this
world would not be considered so mis-guided.  Dougie has had NO training in
pastorial leadership, NO classes in counseling or psychology, NO classes or
training in dealing with situations such as the Sitler/Jamin kinda of
things, and yet he takes those things on with an air of authority and writes
letters with same that end up doing more harm and damage than good.  He
intends to bring Sitler back to the "fold" with Sitler's victims still
in-house and has NO training or knowledge of the type of damage this will be
causing his victims.  Don't fool yourselves - IT WILL DAMAGE THOSE WEE
BAIRINS to have Sitler there.  Dougie is ill-equipped to deal with that kind
of thing.  For pity's sake, those that HAVE had training in that field are
still at a loss as to how to "cure" these evil men from this kinda of thing
- by what right and authority does HE claim to be able to?

When I counsel with a pastor, I want to know that he is well versed and well
educated in the Word as well as in how to deal with the issues I may bring
to him.  Dougie has proved time and again, he is not able to do either.  He
and his bunch have also repeatedly proven they are not willing to obey the
laws in the land which they find themselves, that being (in this case)
Moscow.  This is in direct violation to what God teaches:

Romans 2: 17-30:

17Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and brag about
your relationship to God; 18if you know his will and approve of what is
superior because you are instructed by the law; 19if you are convinced that
you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, 20an
instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law
the embodiment of knowledge and truth— 21you, then, who teach others, do you
not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? 22You who
say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who
abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23You who brag about the law, do you
dishonor God by breaking the law? 24As it is written: "God's name is
blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."[a]

25Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law,
you have become as though you had not been circumcised. 26If those who are
not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as
though they were circumcised? 27The one who is not circumcised physically
and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the[b]
written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.

and:

Luke 11:52

52"Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to
knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who
were entering."

In other words, Dougie, et al: beware.

J  :]