[Vision2020] Democrats new property tax plan: $104 million cut for homeowners

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 14:06:11 PDT 2006

"The latest plan coming from Gov. Jim Risch's camp would eliminate the  school tax for everyone, saving $250 million in property taxes. But to  cover the cost, he would raise the sales tax by a penny, raising about  $210 million, and then take the $40 million left from the surplus."

  Both the Democrats and Republicans have unfair plans. Risch's plan is  even more reckless. He wants to shift the burden of taxes from property  owners and place it on the back of the poor by increasing sales tax on  daily needed items by 20%.

  Democrats want to cut property tax by $104 million then raise the sales tax to generate more money for education.

  This is just two groups of people arguing whether to call the zebra  black with white strips or white with black strips. They are both  planning to shift the tax burden from the wealthy and middle class to  the poor and middle class by implementing a progressive sales tax.

  This is typical politicians thinking: cut taxes just before the  election by placing the tax burden on the shoulders of those who can  least afford it.

They ought to place a handwashing station at  each polling district because the voting booths are the most unsanitary  places of all.

  Best,

  _DJA

TIM RIGSBY <tim.rigsby at hotmail.com> wrote:  Thanks for the thought and input.  Maybe I should have called out the
Republicants as opposed to the Republicans.  I agree, Schroeder and Trail
have a very wonderful track record of supporting public education.  One of
the reasons they probably support public monies going to public education is
because they represent the University of Idaho.  A majority of their
constituents either work for, are supported by, or are related to somehow
with the UI.

Then again, Schroeder and Trail have been called RINOs on more than one
occasion.  Thanks Tim for pointing out my broad stroke.

Tim

" 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That is one of the
key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody
who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been Drafted
and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of
the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public
property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons -- or
locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and
twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it
matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will
wish you had voted." - Hunter S. Thompson

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com