[Vision2020] The Great Debate

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Thu Jul 13 13:35:09 PDT 2006

Scott,

I respectfully disagree with you that there are no victims where homosexuality is concerned.  That is a topic we can cover at another time if you like.  Let's just say, for now, that it is not always between consenting adults and there are other ramifications stemming from it.  Perhaps some of my feelings will be revealed to you when I finally get my answer to the Chas letter written.

That having been said, the topic was not originally just about homosexuality but about sin in general, at least that was my take on it.  The question being:  Is homosexuality a Biblical sin?

I believe it is.  As I stated in my post; I don't see how any rational person could reach any other conclusion from reading any translation of the Bible.  I also stated that I am no Biblical scholar, so I could be mistaken.

When I spoke of adultry, rape, stealing, etc., I was merely making a point that these are also sins and that homosexuality should not be made a greater sin than any of them.  I will also speak my opinion more succinctly about these matters in my answer to Chas.

I suppose my answer to you, in a nutshell, would be that my opinion about what is and is not sin does not carry much weight.  The question before us is whether the Bible (thus God) considers these things sins.  I believe it (He) does.

I hope this clarifies my original post for you.

Peace,

Dick S.