[Vision2020] The Keely Emerine Mix / Doug Wilson discussion

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Wed Jul 12 22:41:16 PDT 2006

On Jul 12, 2006, at 9:04 PM, J Ford wrote:

> Oh, and BTW - I believe that Miss Joan is able to be called "Pastor" -
> after all she WAS ordained in HER church of choice, The Church of the
> Auntie Establishment, since 1993 which, according to Dougie, makes her
> eligible.  Oh sure, she may not have had 4 semester hours of theology,
> but I believe she has had Psyc 101 or better, and I mean, what with
> her church experiences and her travels around the world, her life-time
> experiences, etc. she SHOULD know enough to do the job, right?  I
> mean, Dougie seems to think that's all it takes.
>
> Mayhap she could lead us all in a prayer for the members of the CC
> hierarchy to become our friends and have them stop praying for us to
> be "squashed like bugs" as Mike Lawyer says.

Oh, why not?  Who could resist such an invitation?  In light of Doug's
tepid defense last night (and his ducking and dodging) about Christ
Church's use of the Psalms in imprecatory prayers, I believe I'll offer
Psalm 4 in the spirit of fellowship that Debi describes and Dick
Sherwin has so recently demonstrated.  Here it is:

Answer me when I call, God of my righteousness.
Give me relief from my distress.
Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.
You sons of men, how long shall my glory be turned into dishonor?
Will you love vanity, and seek after falsehood?
Selah.
But know that Yahweh has set apart for himself him who is godly:
Yahweh will hear when I call to him.
Stand in awe, and don’t sin.
Search your own heart on your bed, and be still.
Selah.
Offer the sacrifices of righteousness.
Put your trust in Yahweh.
Many say, “Who will show us any good?”
Yahweh, let the light of your face shine on us.
You have put gladness in my heart,
more than when their grain and their new wine are increased.
In peace I will both lay myself down and sleep,
for you, Yahweh alone, make me live in safety.

Shalom,
Joan

AKA, The Reverend Joan Opyr
The Church of Auntie Establishment