[Vision2020] Question about Googling terminology

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 15:39:04 PDT 2006

OK, so does Googling mean, only using "Google"? Can you Google on  Yahoo, or Google by Mr. Jeeves, or does Googling, strictly mean using  Google?
 Like, take the word "Rubberband", a rubber band is still a  rubberband if it is not trademarked as a "Rubberband". Same with  "Q-Tip", we still call it a "Q-Tip" even if it is still not actually  branded as a "Q-Tip".

 And another question, can Internet be  spelled with a little "i"? Some one needs to write an official rules of  the Internet book.

  Best,

  _DJA

"Peterson, Nils S" <nils_peterson at wsu.edu> wrote:          Googling Myself          After you have Googled, you can create a Google Alert on a specific search
  and get daily or weekly summaries of new hits. So, Ellen you could watch
  yourself weekly from now on.

  My sister, E Kirsten Peters, had a Google alert on me when she worked at the
  DNews. She'd send me items from time to time, about other Nils Petersons

  On 7/6/06 12:00 PM, "vision2020-request at moscow.com"
  <vision2020-request at moscow.com> wrote:

  > Ellen Roskovich <gussie443 at hotmail.com> wrote:  Wow!   What an eye-opening
  > experience that is!  I would have never  thought of it until it was mentioned
  > here on V2020.  Not only have  I "googled" myself, I've checked up on my kids,
  > my friends, school  friends from the past. . . . I've been doing some catching
  > up!
  >
  >   I  am really amazed. . . I'll have to ask my more computer literate kid if
  > he knows mom read his little blurb to his snowboarding buddies up in  Canada.
  > That should wake everyone up!  Mom can check up on  you.  You can't trust mom
  > when she gets her hands on a computer. .  .she'll know. . . so talk nice.
  >
  >   But  all kidding aside, I can see how serious and humiliating it would be to
  > find untrue statements about yourself.  In my case I could just  chuckle at my
  > son's note and feel proud finding my daughter's silver  medal mentioned and
  > deeply saddened when I discovered a couple  obituaries I didn't expect.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com