[Vision2020] U. S. colonies (was: Ramadi's hell hole)

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Fri Jul 7 23:48:23 PDT 2006

Dick asks:

"Please enlighten the rest of us of any instances the United States has
colonized other countries in the past."

Isn't the United States itself just a large collection of colonies?  I
believe we bought the island of Manhattan from its original owners (at
a bargain basement sale), but otherwise, we colonized the rest of this
joint.  Our most recent acquisition, Hawaii, had a queen.  We deposed
her.  And the last time I checked, Puerto Rico and Guam were U. S.
territories.  Does that not count as colonization?  Wherever we build
an overseas military base, there we seem to stay.  We're still in
Okinawa, Japan and Guantanamo, Cuba.  We're still in Germany.  Our Air
Force still practice-bombs the beaches in Western Scotland.

Dave Sarff is right, Dick.  You want to see a colony?  Look no further
than your own backyard.  Where and when did we "buy" Lewiston?  We've
done nothing to the aboriginal peoples of this continent but play an
endless game of eminent domain.  We are building permanent bases in
Iraq to ease the pressure on our bases in Saudi Arabia.  Why?  The
answer should be obvious.  Our gas tanks are hungry, and we don't have
enough domestic production to feed them.  We must maintain a presence
in the Middle East to ensure an uninterrupted oil supply.  We are in
Iraq to stay.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com