[Vision2020] RE: Continuing "The Ramadi Hell Hole"

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Fri Jul 7 14:19:11 PDT 2006

I would suggest to you that General Batiste is correct in his thinking when
it comes to what needs to be done in Iraq at the present time, at least in
my opinion.  We can not afford to just cut and run, we must finish what we
started, regardless of why it started.

As for Rumsfeld, I suppose his role in all this will be debated for years to
come.  However, it is largely an argument of opinion, not fact.  It is an
argument that needs to be addressed at the ballot box and, if necessary, in
the courts.  It has nothing to do with what actions should be taken to deal
with the situation we find ourselves in at this moment.

I personally believe Rumsfeld is a good man but also believe he has made
mistakes when it comes to this war.  I would not be averse to seeing him
replaced, if only to get some new ideas introduced into the fray.  I also
believe many of the mistakes made in this war were a direct result of our
military trying to placate the multitude of media maggots who second guess
the militarys every move.

We spend millions training our military to fight, then send them into battle
only to be confronted by a media bent on destroying them, because the media
hates the present administration, and a Congress that would rather fight the
war on Capitol Hill than in the trenches.  No wonder they get confused and
demoralized to the point they sometimes make mistakes!  How many bosses can
one person answer too anyway?  Even the admistration finds it difficult to
stand behind our troops because the media will castigate them for it before
the facts of the charges are even known.  Just as many here do.

As I have opined before, we are where we are and we must plan how we are
going to go forward from this point.  Yesterday is over, it can not be
recalled.  We must work today with an eye toward the outcome of tomorrow not
any supposed failures of yesterday.

Dick S.