[Vision2020] RE: Continuing "The Ramadi Hell Hole"

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Fri Jul 7 11:56:59 PDT 2006

Tom Thumb writes:  "We are paying as we go, Sunil.  With the blood of
lower-income families."

This is just another nebulous statement that means nothing.  The facts are,
if we cut and run now the lives of those already sacrificed will be for
nothing and the cost of the war will include the deaths of thousands of
Iraqi's in the ensuing civil war.  A war that would negate any progress
already made and, in the end, be necessary to get involved in all over,
costing many more American lives than if we finished what we started to
begin with.

It is time to stop complaining about the past and focus on the present.
Regardless of why we are in the condition we now find ourselves, we must do
what is best for the here and now.  Hansen and his ilk need to stop grousing
about the past and start thinking about the future.  If the majority of
Americans believe as they do, it will all work out at the ballot box.  If
not, then they will just have to live with it, like the rest of us did
through the Clinton administration.  It won't be the end of the world either
way.

This is not a war over some sechluded rice paddy.  This is a war that could
well result in a tip of the power structure of the entire world.  Of course,
hansen and his friends would like that.  They would all enjoy living under
the hammer of some third world tyrant instead of enjoying the freedoms and
privileges we have in America.

It is time to move the rhetoric of HOW we got into the war into a discussion
of WHAT we are going to do now.  It's sort of like outcome based
education.... key your thoughts and energy toward the outcome you desire,
not on the bus ride to school this morning.

I doubt that tom can understand any of this but perhaps the rest of you can.

Dick S.