[Vision2020] RE: Continuing "The Ramadi Hell Hole"

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 7 07:13:27 PDT 2006

Dick,

You always make this response to long-term bases in Iraq.  I've provided web
addresses in the past, and you pretend we're not building these things.  Why
don't you Google 'Enduring bases Iraq' and see what you find; perhaps you'll
see that we're building long-term bases in Iraq.

If we're paying for this war the way we did all other wars, why is it
off-budget?  We're not paying as we go.  We're borrowing to fund this war
and making no effort to pay for it now; it's being passed on to the next few
generations while our government cuts taxes instead.

Define what 'finishing the job' means.  Do you think any Iraqi government
can be legitimate if it agrees to the economic conditions imposed by Paul
Bremer?  In case you don't remember, he privatized the Iraqi government in
the hands of foreign - primarily US - corporations.  Looks like colonization
to me.

Sunil