[Vision2020] Daniel Foucachon/Shooting Games/Doug Wilson

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Jul 7 08:07:15 PDT 2006

>From a personal point of view, I see no inherent problem with people target
practicing.

However,  where and when they do it can be problematic.  Almost all of
Moscow Mountain, for example, is off-limits to target and other kinds of
shooting except ethical hunting without any use of motorized
assistance/scouting etc.

Shooting in neighborhoods or other places it causes a disturbance is not
legal in Idaho, hence shooters need to find a safe and isolated place to
shoot, far away from residences, livestock, fowl, etc.

Sometimes participants in shooting picnics, parties, etc over-indulge in
alcohol and other judgment impairing substances.  Hence, the probabilities
are increased that errant bullets will strike something vulnerable.  This is
especially true with small bore, high muzzle velocity rifles whose ranges
can be up to three miles.

It would be nice if there were a county shooting range.  One possible ideal
site would be west/north of Highway 6 on Meadowcreek Road.

W.