[Vision2020] Doug or Douglas Farris? (Was: A few Sunday thoughts)

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Mon Jul 3 13:04:55 PDT 2006

On July 3 Joan Opyr wrote:  "I suppose Doug is trying to annoy and/or insult me. I have said before that I don't care to be called Mary. My mother calls me Joan, and she has done so all of my life. In light of this, calling me Mary is a bit silly. No, wait -- it's juvenile. A marked lack of maturity is the problem I originally identified among Kirk men who post to this list."

Joan,

Well worded.  This is exactly how I feel about Tom Hansen's use of a lower case letter for my name.  I informed him about my feelings, as you indicate you have asked Doug not to call you Mary.  At least now you know how I feel about Tom... he is immature and a total dolt.

Dick S.